Thursday 2 August 2012

WMS challenge card

Hello all,
what a wonderful day! I have two days off, so I have decided to craft my heart out.
My first offering for today is a card for the Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge
This simple sketch proved much harder than I thought it would. But shear determination won out and here is my creation
I am rather pleased with it. (although that bloomin ruched ribbon was a pain to do....)

I used the Playful Pinwheels stamp set, but tried to give them a slightly more floral feel. For the background I used one of the French Country stamps and the sentiment is from the Compact Sentiments set.
The envelope (little hard to see...sorry) also has a pinwheel design but I chose not to use the outline stamp, so it would have a softer look.

Be back soon
Buffy xx

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Great minds think alike!!! I love the pretty colours you've used in your windmill design. And the ribbon is perfect to go with it. Have fun crafting - that's what I'm doing too!

Miriam Prantner said...

How pretty! I love the ruched ribbon!

Jeanne J. said...

Your tricky ribbon was worth the extra effort - got my eye immediately! SO pretty and I love the pinwheels - they are pretty enough to replace flowers - and make me even happier!

Vickie Z said...

Those little pinwheels like flowers are clever! Love the riches ribbon!

Peanut said...

Love how you've tamed that "bloomin rouched ribbon"!
Soft elegant touch to the focal image. Perfect!

Renee said...

Love the colors...
and those fabby pinwheels used like flowers!!
A creatively fun take on the sketch!
So glad you could play with us this week at WMSC!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...