Monday 15 October 2012

Holy Crochet Batman....

Hello my lovelies
I have had a brilliant weekend and achieved one of my bucket-list goals......ready?
I CAN CROCHET!!!
Yes you heard me correctly...........ok, so I'm not going to win any prizes with it but I did it and it only took me 2 days to learn how.
Fisrt came a bog standard dishcloth.....well that what I'm going to use it for as it's better that those soft shop jobs.
I've used your basic parcel string......It ain't going to win a beauty award but by gum it's good and strong.

After this first little success, the scientist in me took over slighty......I had the basics now it was time to EXPERIMENT.....wahahaha
Graham (my husband) thinks it looks like a coaster.....DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT MATE!!!
I was just trying different stitches/chains to see what could be done.
BUT THEN!!!!!
I discovered the most wonderful woman on the planet........................and her youtube videos


And she could make crochet flowers................aaaaaahhhhhhhhh.................I love this woman!
Well you can guess what happened next


My first crochet flower

Yes yes it's made fromthe string but Mawgan had a brilliant idea.......shower flower. So several of my closest friends will be getting a shower flower and pretty soap. (You would have gotten a home made soap but I've been banned from experimenting in the house....spoil-sport.)
I have nearly finished my second flower....much smaller and pink and not parcel string!

Back super soon with a few cards and my new flower

Hugs
Buffy xx


2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Buffy! Your flower is stunning! Great job!

Deborah Frings said...

This is just fab! I would definitely like to place an order for several pretty flowers! Cream, white, black and neutral - ta!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...